No it’s not an official album either.
It’s a live concert [June 23, 2012 Orion Music + More - Bader Field, Atlantic City, NJ] where they revisited and played their “Ride the Lightning” masterpiece in it’s entirety. Yes folks, you read that correct. Never say never.
For those who did not get to attend the show live, watch the You Tube clips later or even knew about the LiveMetallica.com download site – I’m officially declaring this as historic | EPIC or monumental [laughs].
To set the record straight, they sandwiched other songs before and after the actual run through of the RTL LP…which is cool. But I will leave those out for sake of clarity in this special post. And believe it or not Lars actually played pretty good during this show, which really surprised me.
Trapped Under Ice
Fade to Black
For Whom The Bell Tolls
Ride The Lightning
Fight Fire With Fire
- This was the 17th show that Metallica performed in 2012.
- This was the first of two shows at Orion Music + More, which is a festival curated by Metallica themselves.
- This was the first time that Metallica performed in Atlantic City, NJ.
- This was the first time that Ride the Lightning was performed in its entirety.
- This was the first time that “The Call of Ktulu” was performed in New Jersey. This was the fourth performance of the song in the US over the last 10 years.
- This was only the second time that “Creeping Death” was performed in 2012.
- This was only the seventh time that “Trapped Under Ice” was performed in the US.
- This was the first time that “Fade to Black” was played in 2012.
- Metallica performed 18 songs off of five albums and one EP: Kill ‘Em All (3), Ride the Lightning (8), Master of Puppets (2), The Black Album (3), …And Justice for All (1), Beyond Magnetic (1)