Years before MTV and decades before Internet and social media, there was a deafening force in high-energy rock n roll that dominated the city of Los Angeles. Only a handful of stalwarts would survive the new millennium yet these bands and artists literally set the blueprint for Glam, Power, and Thrash Metal bands that would soon follow and reign supreme in Los Angeles and gain worldwide notoriety throughout the ’80s and beyond.
These artists were the ground-breakers and trendsetters that set the course of heavy metal history. Yet seldom is known about these founding fathers of hard rock and heavy metal music…until now!
METAL ROCK Entertainment takes you on a transcendental journey into heavy metal yesteryear in this compelling documentary INSIDE METAL: Pioneers of LA Rock and Metal! 1975 – 1981 (the first of a trilogy on the Los Angeles Metal Scene).
In the mid-70s into the beginning of the 80’s, cutting-edge hard rock bands such as SNOW, LEGS DIAMOND, SMILE, A LA CARTE, WOLFGANG, SUITE 19, STORMER, AXIS, EULOGY, DANTE FOX, XCITER, THE BOYZ, LONDON, AIRBORN, DETECTIVE, QUIET RIOT (with Randy Rhoads), SOUND BARRIER, THE WEASELS, THE GREG LEON INVASION, YESTERDAY & TODAY, MAX HAVOC, SORCERY, VENDETTA, THE SHARKS, PRETTY POISON, and of course VAN HALEN ruled Los Angeles and Orange County nightclubs like The Starwood, The Whisky, Gazzarri’s, The Woodstock, Woodsound, The Golden Bear, Stardust Ballroom, The Fleetwood, and backyard parties throughout the southland!
This DVD features extraordinary interviews with many of the key players of the late ’70s LA Rock Scene including:
- Carlos Cavazo (Snow, Quiet Riot, Ratt)
- Jack Russell (Dante Fox, Great White)
- Don Dokken (Airborn, Dokken)
- Dave Meniketti (Yesterday & Today)
- Brian O’Brian (A La Carte)
- Stephen Quadros (Orange, Snow)
- Greg Leon (Suite 19, Dubrow, Dokken, Greg Leon Invasion)
- Joey Vera (Saphire, Greg Leon Invasion, Armored Saint)
- Roger Romeo (Legs Diamond)
- Pat McKeon (Badmoon, Max Havoc)
- Scotty Waller (Smile)
- Bernie K. & Spacey T. (Sound Barrier)
- Frank Dimino (Angel)
- Paul Shortino (Rough Cutt)
- Kelly Garni (Quiet Riot)
- Ann Boleyn (Hellion)
- Marq Torien (Ratt, Bullet Boys)
- Michael DesBarres (Silverhead, Detective)
- Steve Plunkett (Wolfgang, Autograph)
- Greg Durschlag (The Weasels)
- Jon Hyde (Detective)
- Felice LoCoco and Kurt Markham (Overkill – LA)
- Lars Ulrich (Metallica)
The DVD also features interviews of major industry players who supported the LA scene during that era including: David Forest (former promoter/manager of The Starwood and The Whisky), Malcolm Dome (UK Journalist), Alan Wood (LA Scenester), Kevin Estrada (Photographer), Jon Sutherland (Journalist), John Kornarens (journalist), and Brian Slagel (CEO Metal Blade Records).
So sit back, relax and enjoy this musical journey into a mystical wonderland of artistry and decadence. These are truly the Golden years of Hollywood hard rock and heavy metal!